Mission and Outreach Activities
There are always mission and outreach activities going on at Hampstead Congregational Church. Whether they are on-going or seasonal, there are opportunities for you to get involved in making our community and world a better place!
- Collecting food for local food pantries. Please contact the main office or see our Weekly Word for a current list of most-needed items. To drop off items, enter the foyer of Hadley Hall and place them in the bin on the floor.
- Volunteering at a local soup kitchen. Once a month we partner with Atkinson Congregational Church to help serve dinner at the Sonshine Soup Kitchen in Derry. Please contact the main office or see our Weekly Word for more information
- Donating blankets to Project Linus, a national organization that helps provide children, youth, and adults in need with blankets. Please see our Weekly Word for more information on sizes and types of blankets needed
Over the course of the year we typically:
- Collect outerwear for those in need as winter approaches
- Offer a special Christmas drive to support a local organization
- Collect items and money for Isaiah 58, a local non-profit dedicated to providing affordable housing for those in Rockingham County
- Gather four special collections from the United Church of Christ which benefit people and churches throughout the world
- Collect and distribute cards to residents and staff at local nursing homes
- Offer a special Blessing of the Animals each October for any local pet
- Have an annual Diaper Drive for the Manchester Diaper Bank. We collect diapers and wipes in the month of May to celebrate and support mothers
- Bring in garden produce for all to take. Donations go to RIP Medical Debt, a non-profit that helps pay medical debt
- Various Peace and Justice Group initiatives--from offer pertinent prayer services, to educational opportunities, to raising awareness or funds for local justice work
- And so much more...see our Weekly Word here for what's happening now!